Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Neti Pot and Allergies


If you have seasonal allergies you want to know about the NETI POT. I use a Neti Pot every morning and sometimes every night during peak pollen season. It is simply amazing. You may find the concept and the shape of the Neti Pot a bit intimidating, as I did, but once you get used to it you will not be able to live without it.

To the right is a picture I found online of a brave girl using a Neti Pot on the Oprah show. It gives you an idea of how this works...

Basically, it is a sinus irrigation pot. It floods your sinus membranes with a saline solution. This action will clear out any pollens or allergens you have inhaled and also encourage your bodies natural mucus membrane system to stay active. This is much healthier than having dried out sinuses. You are more likely to contract a sinus infection when you have chronically dried out sinuses. If you live in a dry climate and have allergies...you will Love the relief this little pot can provide. You can buy them either online or at your local health food store. Ask the sales person at the health food store....they will know what a Neti Pot is and where to find one!

I would gladly explain the way to use the pot however, I think it is best that everyone get their directions from the Neti Pot box. It is very easy... You can even go to youtube and type in Neti Pot. You will find numerous videos of people using their Neti Pot... It is actually funny but, I have no intention of posting a video of myself using mine. I have already shocked my brother and my nephew with the sight of me doing this!

Go get your Neti Pot and relax as your sinus problems slip away.

No comments: