Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day! New ways to pack your lunch.

I made a few discoveries on Earth Day that I must share...

I often take my lunch or snacks with me to be certain I eat the food my body craves for energy. I just discovered two companies that make environmentally friendly lunch bags, utensils, and food carriers. The great thing about these products is the fact that they are free of plastic. Certain plastic containers contain possible carcinogens so it is best to avoid them. So, we are helping free our environment of excess plastic waste and avoiding the chemicals that have the potential to harm us.

Quick tip on plastic containers: Be sure to avoid placing hot food in them or using them in the microwave to heat your food... The heat releases the nasty chemicals that we should be avoiding. If you must use the microwave, switch to glass!

The two companies that make these fabulous products are:

www.to-goware.com

www.mysigg.com

They sell a
stainless steel straw!! This is great because I make smoothies every day and love using straws...this way I won't be constantly throwing away plastic straws! Very Cool! I feel better about the environment already!

PLUS: In honor of Earth Day.... go to Oprah.com to pick up 20% off coupons for both stores!

No comments: